In the 1880s the land plot on Vavilovskaya Street belonged to Zinovy Likhtansky. Back then Likhtansky managed a depot at Kropachyovo railway station (Ufa Governorate).
According to the 1867 photo, in the middle of the 19th century there were only small one-storey buildings in this quarter. The latter underwent changes at the end of the century. By 1910 there remained only one one-storey building to the north of Likhtansky's land. This house belonged to a certain Sidorov. Obviously, it was a residential house. At the same time all the other houses in the vicinity were choke-full of stores.
In 1903 an unknown architect built a two-storey house of Likhtansky's family. Later the house was made over to Likhtansky's wife Tatyana.
A massive two-storey stone building had a large yard with fruit trees and household outbuildings, which did not survive until now. We may assume that there were several stages of construction: first they built a façade, whereas side wings and the back were added later.
The house is a bright example of the brick style, which was popular in Ufa back then. Today, just like a century ago, the building looks gloomy: only façade's decoration columns stand out against the brick background. An attic, columns along the cornice and frieze along the façade suggest the symmetric layout of the building. The building's entrance stands out against the façade.
In 1911 Likhtanskaya's house was occupied by the inn, a drugstore "Hygiene", engineering office and warehouse of engineer Nikolay Konshin, and Smekhov's clock store. Judging by the photo, Fishman's store (supposedly, men's wear) was also there, but no such information was found in reference books.
In the 1910s the adjacent wooden house was used as a photographer's parlor of Aleksandr Volkov. The next house was, obviously, built in the very beginning of the 20th century as a cheap inn Kommercheskoye Podvorie. The hotel's cheap restaurant was in the neighboring house. Likhtanskaya's house repeated the façade of the opposite house. Before the reconstruction in the Soviet time they resembled each other so much that one could think that they belonged to one and the same person, but this was not true. One may also think that the houses were designed by one and the same architect. Until now, though, no evidence of this has ever been found. The architects' names are still unknown.
The ancient mansion was substantially restored. Nowadays it is occupied by a non-for-profit educational institution Solnechny Krug.