Ufa Theological Seminary was opened on September 26, 1800. Back then it was named Orenburg Theological Seminary after Orenburg Eparchy and Governorate. The Seminary also featured an orphanage for poor students and orphans, who could have their meals, dress, lighting and books for free. Initially the Seminary was located near the Consistory, i.e. not far from the current Republican Government Building.
By 1828 a new stone house was built, designed by architect Trofimov; money for construction purposes were given by the Holy Synod. It took three years to erect the building. William Heste, the author of New Ufa project, conceived this building as the western border of Sobornaya Square, and the building turned out to be located at one of the highest places in the city. The central avant-corps featuring entrance and decorated with an eight-column portico, was right opposite the Resurrection Cathedral entrance (now it is the site of the Bashkir Drama Theater), which was located in the center of the square. In the early 20th century Ushakovsky park laid out in 1872 was removed to give space to a sports ground (currently it is Dynamo Stadium). Apart from the Cathedral and Seminary the Square also featured a house of the Eparch, Governor’s house, Boys Gymnasium and Government Offices. Due to insufficient funds initially the ensemble of the square included several wooden houses along the Gubernatorskaya (now Sovetskaya) Street. Besides, because in 1830s the original building of Gymnasium decayed, the strict symmetry of the northern part of the square was destroyed. Initially it was supposed to mirror the Government Offices building which was situated along the same building line. Nevertheless, Ufa classicism revealed itself in a most expressive way through Sobornaya Square. By the end of the 19th century a new park on Sobornaya Square concealed the disturbed integrity of the architectural ensemble.
In 1843 they have established the Saint John Chrysostom Church in the Seminary. By the middle of the 19th century apart from the special subjects they also taught history, archeology, logics, psychology, rhetoric, poetry, physics, medicine, agriculture, algebra, geometry, Hebrew, Greek, Latin, German, French, Tatar and Chuvash languages. This education allowed the alumni becoming not only priests but also teachers.
In 1884 a new building of Religious Boys School to the west of the Seminary along the Khanykovskoy (Gogolya) Street completed the complex of religious educational institutions.
In 1912 a new Church and Archeology Committee was organized in the Seminary. It was responsible for protecting and registering churchly relics of Ufa Eparchy. Its aim included but was not limited to preservation of ancient churches, chapels, cemeteries and holy vessels. Before the beginning of the 20th century the street where the Seminary was situated was named Seminarskaya Street, but when in 1904 they started assigning numbers to buildings it became the beginning of Aleksandrovskaya Street.
In 1920s the building was occupied by the Lenin boarding school, in 1930 it was given to the newly opened Agricultural Institute. During the war the building was used to store equipment from one of the evacuated factories, afterwards it was converted into a plant manufacturing low voltage equipment. Now it is occupied by the Ministry of Industry and innovation policy of the Republic of Bashkortostan and Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Republic of Bashkortostan.