Surname Larionov can be found in the earliest address-calendars of Ufa. Ufa 2nd guild merchant Semyon Larionov was a respected person: during the first election to city duma in 1871 he was elected its member. In the second, third, and forth election Larionov was elected its member. He was one of the first members of the Credit Union, one of the founders of the Volunteer Fire Association and churchwarden of the John the Forerunner Church.
His son Mikhail also had a lot of public positions. He was a member of the Credit Union and accounting committee of the public bank; he was also elected into the construction committee of the city administration. Besides, he helped the construction of an Oral School. He was elected member of local Ufa public office.
Besides, the Larionovs were contractors and erected beautiful new buildings. The father's construction crew consisted of one hundred persons. It specialized majorly in the laying of foundation: cathedral church, St. Nikolas Church, St. Alexander Nevsky Chapel, City Police Office, Religious Boys School, and City Theater. At the same time his son ("Contractor for wooden and stone house building M. Larionov. Suvorovskaya Street, his own house") participated in the construction of Aksakov People's House (nowadays Opera and Ballet Theater). Mikhail Larionov owned two brick factories in Zolotukha and Glumilino. Elegant bricks bearing Larionov's mark can still be found in museums.
In 1924 surname Larionov emerged again: "The committee for immortalization of Lenin approved the project proposed by Larionov. According to the project Lenin's bronze bust was installed on a four-meter marble pedestal. Above the bust the monument is fitted with artificial sandstone. Over the pedestal there is a state coat of arms. Above the coat of arms the author put candelabra with electric bulbs". The project was made by Dmitry Larionov, who was Semyon Larionov's grandson.
According to the 1879 census land plot No.13 on Aleksandrovskaya (Karl Marx) Street between Bolshaya Uspenskaya (Kommunisticheskaya) and Kalmatskaya (Chernyshevsky) Streets belonged to Semyon Larionov. Elektrichesky pereulok did not exist back then: instead there was a small lake with a bridge. According to 1908 and 1911 reference books, land plot No.33 on Aleksandrovskaya Street belonged to Mikhail Larionov. It was a huge house with high ceilings and walls decorated with molding: an unknown architect's project, no doubt, imitated Anichkov palace in Saint-Petersburg. Some architects claim that the building was not built until the late 19th century. Nevertheless, according to 1879 census there were four stone buildings with iron roofs in this quarter (including two buildings along the Uspenskaya Street). So, obviously, by that time Larionov's house had already been constructed. Besides, it is doubtful that an eclectic building stemming from Classicism samples could appear in the age of brick style.
The building turned out to be wonderful. Nevertheless, father and son lived in 9 Suvorovskaya Streer (former Zhandarmskaya and nowadays Krupskaya Street). The house on Aleksandrovskaya Street was let on lease. The lower floor of the building was occupied by the Tkachyov's furniture shop and Viennese confectionary. Strange as it may be, the back wing of this beautiful building was used as a blacksmith shop by a certain Berezan.
Nowadays the first floor is still used for commercial purposes, whereas the second floor is residential.