The building of the City Police Station was erected on the spot which was allotted to it according to the 1819 plan. The project author is unknown. Constructed on the corner of the streets, the building stood out against the rest of the buildings with its size and eclectic architecture. Thus, it was dominating the city.
In April 1782 Catherine II signed a decree "The Statute of Discipline, or Police". This document established a permanent police department, which was called the "board of discipline". It was responsible for the city only, which defined its difference between the city and regional police.
From 1806 to 1809 in all the cities of Orenburg governorate, including Ufa, the police was maintained through local taxes. Though, because of the devastating fire on May 12, 1816, the Ministers' Committee decided that Ufa police should be maintained by the treasury. This disaster made the authorities to strengthen the police which was responsible for the city's fire safety. Soon the police personnel were increased, and a chief was appointed. He commanded police officers, quarter inspectors, attendants, and a fire captain with his aides.
In August 1836 local architect Alfeyev, police chief and the city head examined the police building. The committee found out that the main part of the building was destroyed in many places and would hardly survive one more year.
In 1837 Alfeyev compiled a project and cost sheet of a two-storey brick building with the watchtower. But it was not until 30 years later that the necessary sum of money was extended.
In February 1840 local architect Alfeyev made a new project and cost sheet. The City Council had no money to construct a new building. Thus, the construction committee decided to send a new cost sheet with all the annexes to the Internal Affairs Ministry.
A few more years passed in writing letters. A letter dated April 27, 1854 of Orenburg and Samara Governor-General mentioned that the Ministry extended 35 thousand rubles and the project and cost sheet was approved.
The construction was supposed to be finished within two years. In November 1867 State Councilor Eversman and Collegiate Registrar Dashkov showed their willingness to manage the construction of the City Police Station. The contractors announced the erection price equaling 29 thousand rubles, and the Civil Governor decided that the cost is advantageous for the treasury and the contractors are reliable. Contractors Eversman and Dashkov submitted an application to build the building for 28 thousand rubles within the forthcoming two years. It is interesting that one of the Ufa photos of 1876 shows a wooden watchtower on this spot.
On June 12, 1869 Ufa police chief asked permission to demolish the old building immediately. The permission was given. On September 1, 1869 junior architect Cherfolio submitted a certificate that the construction was complete. The document highlighted that the foundation, basement and the walls of the lower floor of the main building up to the cornice of the 2nd floor were robust.
In 1872 the building of Ufa City Police Station on 14 Bolshaya Kazanskaya Street was given to the city. The Police archive and the flat of the police chief were situated in the same building. The watchtower had striking clocks which stopped in 1882. It was repaired in the 1920s but then the clock broke down again, and in the 1970s the clock was removed to be repaired and never to be found again. Now the building is used by the main fire brigade of Ufa.