This stone building along the Bolshaya Kazanskaya Street can be seen on the 1867 photo. In the middle of the 19th century the quarters near the Belaya River and Orenburg crossing became a center of wholesale trade of grain. It was due to vicinity of the river and convenient access to warehouses on the bank near Nizhne-Torgovaya Square. Ponosov, Luzinov, Pastukhov, and Yudayev traded grain on Bolshaya Kazanskaya Street. A quotation from the 1883 address calendar, which was compiled after the 1879 census, said as follows: "Birsk merchant Klementy Yudayev is accepting oats, buckwheat, rye, and wheat in the house of merchant Arsenty Kondratyev on Bolshaya Kazanskaya Street". All the other merchants accepted grain in their own houses. It suggests, thus, that by that time Yudayev had just come to Ufa.
Member of Birsk administration Yudayev rented an office opposite to the house of rich 1st guild merchant Vasily Ponosov. At the same time it is most likely that he already agreed about purchasing a land plot with a house opposite to the Troitsky Square because of its dry underground warehouses (entrance to the warehouses was found during the restoration works in 2013). At least, according to 1879 census this mansion belonged to Varvara Ryazantseva, whereas in the early 20th century it was already owned by the Yudayev brothers.
An extract from the advertisement of the 20th century: "Purchase and sales of breads in Ufa and other quays. During the navigation in Rybinsk city. Under the Trade House The Yudayevs Brothers in Ufa. Accepts: 1. Production of breads in dryers, mills, and hulling mills. 2. Inspection for purchasing breads and other products. 3. Delivery of breads and other goods by the rivers Ufa, Belaya, Kama, and Volga. Own warehouses at the quay of the Belaya River in Ufa, quays Utyaganova, Atasyeva, and Antonovka on the Ufa River. Main office in Ufa: house No. 70 on Bolshaya Kazanskaya Street. Telephone No.108. Mail address: Ufa, To Trade House The Yudayevs Brothers. Wire: Ufa, to the Yudayevs".
Only one of the brothers (Dmitry) was deeply involved in trading. He was a merchant elder, member of Ufa city duma, and member of the Trustee Board of the Commerce School etc. Ivan was hardly ever mentioned in address calendars. Nevertheless, the trade house never changed its name.
Obviously, it were Yudayev brothers who decorated the outside and inside of the house with molding. As a result the Classicism-like building designed by an unknown architect was transformed into an Eclectic one. In the Soviet age the house was used as a children's polyclinic. The first floor was occupied by pharmacy No.2. The house was deprived of its entrance awning and cast-iron gates. In the early 1970s the recessed balcony at the corner was transformed into a part of the building with large factory-like windows. No one cared about the building's exterior.
The outside molding survived years of ruthless use and repairs. Unfortunately, during the 2013 restoration it was demolished and replaced with a remake which is a pale imitation of the original. Besides, an attic floor was added to the building. At the same time they changed large windows installed in 1970s with a different type, which resemble the rest of the windows.