This ancient Ufa mansion house appeared more than two centuries ago at the northern side of one of the first streets of the city: Golubinaya settlement. Now it is the lower part of Pushkin Street. The Lyakhovs settled in Ufa Governorate by the end of the 18th century. The noble surname points at the ethnic roots of the family: Menzelinsk szlachta (privileged noble class with origins in the Kingdom of Poland), who settled in Menzelinsk in 1660-1680s. The Lyakhovs possessed estates in Ufa and Belebey districts of our Governorate.
The Lyakhovs were famous horse breeders. They developed new breeds and im-proved the existing ones. They were also famous for their agricultural reforms. In 1898 they opened a Lyakhov-Dashkov school of gardening, crop growing and bee breeding. It was opened in the Lyakhovs' estate near Ufa to become one of the few secondary specialized colleges in Ufa Governorate. The grave-stone of the Lyakhovs tomb was moved from the former cemetery of Lyakhov village to be stored at the church yard of Ufa Panteleimon Church.
According to the 1879 census the mansion site belonged to Ekaterina Lyakhova. It is most likely that the stone two-storey building was erected in 1890s instead of the old wooden buildings. The latter, by the way, were occupied by the Mariinsky Girls Gymnasium in the first years of its existance. In 1897 the stone two-storey building already existed at this site, which belonged to Ekaterina Lyakhova, widow of Court Counsellor. Its windows are framed by expressive molded architrave with Baroque elements; molded details decorate the ledgement between the floors, cornice and pilasters. The columns of the house gate (opposite to Vidineev Garden) were decorated with plaster horses. Once upon a time there was a large shadowy garden in the yard of the mansion. The architect's name remained unknown.
At the beginning of the 20th century the mansion belonged to Ekaterina Lyakhova, honored member of Council of Patronage of the Deaf-Mute. Around 1911 the Lyakhovs sold their mansion house at the Pushkinskaya Street to Nataliya Bratseva with her daughters. Probably, the Bratsevs were relatives of the Lyakhovs. In June 1919 before the offensive of the Red army the Bratsevs abandoned the house and left with the Kolchak army. In 1920s they lived in Vladivostok. From Vadivostok sisters Bratsevs were writing letters to Lidiya Galanova, a famous Ufa teacher, headmaster of Soviet school No.2. The reason of this acquaintance is simple. For many years Galanova lived in a small wooden house in the yard of the Lyakhov's mansion and rented a flat from them.
During the famine of 1921-22 the house of the Lyakhovs was occupied by American Relief Administration, an American company, which helped starving people. For some time the building was used as an eye hospital and infirmary. In 1929 the mansion was assigned number 99 Pushkinskaya Street.
Until the end of the 1940s the house was occupied by the commandant of Ufa military garrison. In 1949 the Chairman of the Council of Ministers of the Bashkir Autonomous Soviet Socialistic Republic asked Marshall S. Timoshenko, the Commander-In-Chief of the South Ural military district, to give the building back to the hospital. Around 1956 a yard wing was additionally constructed in order to increase the area of the hospital. For a long time the entrance into the new wing was decorated with a large thermometer.
For several decades the hospital was used by the state and party elite of the Republic. In 1959-1994 merited physician Vladimir Skachilov (1923-1996) was the chief doctor of the hospital. It is known that it is due to Skachilov that the best part of the old furniture from the Lyakhov’s house was moved to the house museum of S. Aksakov. Now the building is occupied by Republican Clinical Hospital No.2.