In the Soviet age Kazanskaya Street was renamed into Internatsionalnaya; in 1956 it was named Sverdlova. Nowadays there are three old houses in the quarter between Aksakovskaya and Gogolevskaya Streets. Sometime there was a large house of Yevgeniya Olkhovskaya (nee Chaikovskaya, a full sister of the great composer). By the early 20th century a new two-storey brick building had been constructed to the right of Olkhovskaya's house and Andrey Brusyanin's back wing. Owing to lack of space an unknown architect placed the building in a way that the building's flank functioned as its major facade. Later he planned to finish building the left part in order to make the house L-shaped. It is proved by the asymmetry of the major facade, dead side wall (which became a firewall), an unexpected window in this wall (it was supposed to be a door). The carved attic was fitted with a dormer (in good condition) and paired windows of the second floor (one of them is now mured). The architect planned to transform the attic into the major expressive element of the future facade. His project, though, remained unfulfilled. An incomplete set of the front facade decoration elements includes decoration belt imitating wooden valance, paired dripstones and pilasters, flanking windows of the second floor, horizontal rustication between the windows and archivolts of the first floor windows. On the whole nowadays it is impossible to recover the architectural style of the building. Since the architect is unknown, the project documents did not survive either.
In November 1905 the land plot and the house was purchased by Parshin. The Parshins' characteristic is found in Yekaterina Tolstaya's memoirs: "In the end of 80s Varvara Parshina (nee Savostianova) was an important figure in Ufa's musical life. Being Anton Rubinstein's disciple, she founded a music school in Ufa. Serebrennikova, Mariya Luzinova (Rybchenko), and Nikolai Rubinshtein were among here best students. Once a week she invited all her students and taught them music theory and harmony. In spring she arranged an open examination of her students. Not only the students' parents, but also honorary guests and connoisseurs (like Ufa head Dmitry Volkov) were invited to the exam. Her mother-in-law, an ignorant peasant who wore homespun sarafans before marrying a merchant, was saying to her acquaintances: "Our Andrey (Varvara Parshina's husband) married a fortuneless girl". Having learnt about it, Varvara Parshina started giving music lessons. She was so famous as a teacher and she had so many students that she often had to dismiss a lot of aspirants. Besides, her royalty was the highest possible and equaled one and a half rubles per hour. Her friends used to say: "That's her marriage portion". She trained her daughters Katya and Sonya to enter Moscow Conservatory: both of them were admitted by Professor Yaroshevsky to attend his piano lessons. Later, though, they took singing classes. Sofya graduated the conservatory. Varvara Parshina's son Nikolay (dramatic baritone) was admitted to Moscow Conservatory as a scholarship holder but never graduated from it. Being never seriously involved in music, he could play piano from sight with a senior disciple of Professor Igumnov. Being an old lady (in 1939) Parshina taught music in Moscow".
Nowadays the former Parshin's house is used as a kindergarten.