Many believe that the date at the turrets of the Platonovs' House (nowadays it is used by the offices of the Ministry of Justice) shows the construction time. Well, first of all, if you look closely at the building, you realize that, though united by the tradition of the brick style, it is actually comprised of three different parts totally different in decorative bricklaying. Obviously, it had different architects, which remain unknown. Initially they erected the corner part and a wing along the Bolshaya Uspenskaya (Kommunisticheskaya) Street with tent-like turrets. According to the register of the Bashkir Ministry of Culture the construction of this part of the building started in 1904. A little later (before 1909) the building was supplemented with additional wings. The wing along the Telegrafnaya (Tsuryupy) Street was the first one. The Platonovs' Mansion was big enough to accommodate a confectionary. Ufa residents still remember this store at the corner. During the repairs they threw away a lot of pre-revolution trade-related documents from the attic.
Rodion Platonov had a son, whereas his friend Mikhail Fyodorov, who lived on the same street, had a grown-up daughter. The young got acquainted and liked each other, so the parents decided to make a surprisingly rich wedding. Since Fyodorov's daughter was born in a rich family, she had dowry of respective amount: a carriage or even two were not enough to carry all of it. Besides, the plan was to make as many carriages as possible. It was decided that the carriages should leave the gates of Fyodorov's house one by one at intervals. We may only guess now what was there on the carriages. Maybe one of them carried a chest with dresses and hats, another carriage had featherbeds and pillows on it, a third one carried a sideboard for tableware, a forth had the tableware: samovar, dinner and tea sets, kettles, frying pans etc. It is interesting that the bride and groom's houses were situated on the same street within sight. So when the first carriage with dowry entered the gates of the room's house, other carriages were still leaving the bride's house.
The wedding took place in the neighboring Dormitory Church. The road from the house of the groom's father to the church was covered with several rolls of fabric provided by Platonov, a generous merchant. So the young marrieds walked to the church on a peculiar carpet strip of almost two hundred meters.
Rodion Platonov traded tea, coffee, sugar, grocery and confectionary goods. He was involved in charitable activity and was a member of the Trustee board for prisons and one of the directors of the orphanages of the Governorate Trusteeship for Orphanages.
As for the bride's dowry, Platonov was careful enough to provide a newly built wing of the house to store the fortune and for the new family to live in. This wing also features the brick style. Yet, it is very distinctive anyway. Comparing to the major building, its windows (five per each floor) turned up to be lifted up.
Another thing which reminds us about the wedding is the weathercock on the house showing the year 1906, when the crowd cheered the carriages full of dowry moving along the Telegrafnaya Street.