According to Ufa reference books of 1908 and 1911 these two houses on the former Ufimskaya Street (nowadays Chernyshevsky Street) belonged to Fakhrutdin Akhtyamov. Photographers like these houses: being small, they are rich in a variety of architectural decorations. The owner is almost unknown. In the same reference books, though, we may find his brother Muftakhitdin Akhtyamov. Before the revolution he was a famous merchant. We may find his advertisement in almost all print publications, for example: "In November. M. Akhtyamov's store in Ufa, corner of Aleksandrovskaya and Uspenskaya Streets, Nagel's House. Fruits from Crimea: Williams, Saint Germaine, Ferdinand pears, apples, saffron, rennet and a variety of apples from the Caucasus. A selection of canned products at affordable prices. Muftakhitdin Akhtyamov".
Among the small advertisement we can also find Muftakhitdin's "modest" brother. The 1905 address calendar reads: "Fruit trading. F. Akhtyamov in Ufa, Tsentralnaya Street, Skripov's house. In Chelyabinsk…" The advertisement was promoting the same Crimean pears and apples from the Caucasus. After that Fakhrutdin Akhtyamov did not advertise his store for 10 years as if the store was closed. But according to Gulyaev's Illustrated Ufa (1914) the fruit store in Skripov's house was traded by a certain Z. Akhtyamov. Miftakhitdin turned out to be alive too. He was still mentioned in the 1911 reference book. Judging by the tax register he was still alive in 1916-1919.
This is interesting because in 1911 Miftakhitdin's former estate was already owned by Abdullatif Khakimov, a famous sponsor of the 4th cathedral mosque on Beketovskaya (Mustai Karim) Street.
In accordance with the 1916 tax register both Fakhrutdin Akhtyamov's houses were estimated at 1,358 rubles. It is quite surprising because Pelageya Vavilova's two-storey house up the street cost 2,630 rubles. At the same time, her house was much large that the Akhtyamov's two. It is surprising how the architect managed to squeeze two full-scale houses and gates on such a small spot. The left one was constructed later than the right one. The architect of the former used the project of the house of Maryam Sultanova on Vosresenskaya (Tukayev) Street opposite the first cathedral mosque. Moreover, the decoration of both houses included brick-style elements. It is likely that the right house was constructed in the early 20th century, and it has no parallels in Ufa architecture. Nowadays we can't say exactly whether the first floor grew into the ground in the course of years or it was initially designed as a semi-basement; we also can't say whether the house appeared before Zhukova's house, which was demolished in the 2000s. And, certainly, it is not clear whether the owner lived in the house himself or leased it out.