On July 24, 1956 Chernikovsk City became a part of Ufa again. Back then more than half a million people lived in the united city on the territory of 254 square kilometers. The primary task consisted in providing day-to-day management of economic, social and cultural life of Ufa.
The two former cities were separated by a large territory, and houses were already built in both southern and northern parts. It was decided to lay a new road along the tram line of 1940, to call it Mayakovsky Avenue (future October Avenue) and to build houses across the road. Approximately in the middle of the new avenue, on the highest point of the watershed between the Belaya and Ufa Rivers, they started a new building for administrative bodies of the capital of Bashkir Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic.
In order to accelerate construction of the building for Ufa City Executive Committee and City Committee of the Communist Party of the Soviet Union and in order to avoid paperwork, they decided to accommodate a standard project of a five-storey school for this purpose. The project was modified to include an altered inner layout and richer decoration of the facade. Ufa architect A. Myshkin tied up the typical school building, and in September 1957 construction trust No.3 started erecting the building. The outlines of the multi-layer building started appearing in the empty field not far from new five-storey residential buildings.
The building of Ufa City Council dominated the area with its strict and solemn features. The limits of the standard project were overcome. The walls were finished with white tiles, which, undoubtedly, looked more solemn than the plastered buildings in the neighborhood. The central avant-corps of the building features high windows, separated from each other by pilasters extending 15 cm from the wall. So it seems that the surface of the building is flat. The upper part of the facade featured light balustrade with an attic in the middle depicting Soviet symbols.
The Ufa City Council building is a combination of successful location and architecturally significant solution of an administration complex. At the back the building was extended with an assembly hall with 700 seats. Both sides of the building are connected to the symmetrically located residential buildings with the help of arched walls and gates. This connection created a setback architectural ensemble. The parkway in front of the building was interrupted by an open area with tribunes. The opposite side of the avenue was already designed as a large square in the plan of the late 1930-s. In 1960 a granite monument of V. Lenin was installed on the square. Soon it became obvious, though, that the small-sized monument did not match with the large square, and it was decided to replace it. Mikhail Baburin, the author of sculptures for the Friendship Monument, agreed to make such a monument. In 1967 it was installed. After that the former Komsomol Square was renamed into Lenin Square. The Square was finished when it was framed by a line of a hotel and four nine-storey residential buildings in the northern part and the State Academy Russian Drama Theater of the Republic constructed in the 1980-s. The western part is framed with a forest area of M. Gafury Central Park of Culture and Leisure. The largest square of the city features holiday events and festive occasions. The USSR Construction Committee awarded the territory near the Ufa City Council the first prize for planning solution and development. Today the 120 October Avenue building is occupied by the Ufa City Municipal District Administration of Bashkortostan Republic and the Ufa City Municipal District Council of Bashkortostan Republic.