In January 1953 they mounted a memorial plaque on house No. 47 along the Oktyabrskaya revolutsiya Street: "Peotr Zentsov, worker of Ufa railway shop, revolutionary and Bolshevik, former participant of the Great October Socialist Revolution and civil war, lived and worked here". In order to install it they removed several bricks of the rustic facade. In the late 20th century, though, the plaque disappeared. They say one of the tenants of the house keeps it.
It is thought that the house was built in 1902-1903. But we can't be sure that it's true. Obviously, in the mentioned period the house was finished with white brick, which was quite rare for the period in question. The unknown architect used all his skill to incorporate many features of the so-called brick style: from window frames to the fanciful attics atop. In accordance with the property tax book of 1898 a wooden house with an iron roof (which means expensive and sound) on this spot on the northern side of Bolshaya Kazanskaya Street belonged to Vasily Chufarovsky.
As early as 1883 Vasily Chufarovsky, governorate secretary, served as an accountant of the Ufa department of Volga and Kama commercial bank. He held the position for over twenty years. In 1906 he is not mentioned in Ufa reference books. In 1907, though, he is mentioned as a manager of the Ufa branch of Siberian Trade Bank (15 Aleksandrovskaya Street). In 1913 he is mentioned as an agent of the branch of Rossiya, an insurance firm, in Ufa. In 1908-1913 Vidineev's house (the one where the bank was situated) was mentioned as Chufarovsky's home address.
The reference books of 1908 and 1911 name Paraskeva Shamova as an owner of land plot No.43 In July 1915 the house was bought by Yelena Chufarovskaya, Vasily Chufarovsky's wife, for 1,194 rubles. Chufarovsky was already 70 years old. It was time to find a quite place to spend his last days.
Two of his sons followed in their father's steps: until 1917 Leonid Chufarovsky (in 1903 he lived on 105 Pushkinskaya Street) he was a member of Ufa branch of the Peasant's Land Bank. Aleksandr Chufarovsky (home address: 19 Frolovskaya Street) served as an auditor of the same bank. Chufarovsky's third son Nikolay, though, chose a different path: he became a doctor. In the 1910s he managed a hospital in Naberezhnye Chelny.
In January 1919 Leonid Chufarovsky, 47, died of typhus. The two remaining brothers, obviously, left Ufa together with Kolchak's army. At least, in June 1919 when the Red Army was already in Ufa, the house had a new owner: Peotr Zentsov, 30, chairman of the Ufa Extraordinary Commission for Combating Counter-Revolution. His life may seem quite amazing: he was born in Perm Governorate, studied in Nikolovka-Beryozovka of Ufa Governorate, worked in the workshops of Blagoveshchensk plant, later he was a lath operator at the Ufa railway shop. Zentsov's soviet biographers hardly ever pay attention to his constant moves (obviously, it was due to his father's job), but these moves must have influenced him a lot. In 1909 he was convicted for penal servitude for life because he participated in expropriation in Miass. In spring 1917 he came back to Ufa to experience new moves: until the summer of 1920 he worked in Yekaterinburg. Then he was appointed chairman of the Extraordinary Commission of Pyategorsk district. In August of the same year Peotr Zentsov fell into an ambush and was killed. He was buried in the bed of honor on the premises of Ivan Yakutov Park. Common Ufa citizens are still living in his house. The front door was bricked up; an ugly wing was added on the left of the building; on the whole, though, the house interior remained intact.