In the late 1870s the northern part of Bolshaya Kazanskaya Street not far from the Savior's church was occupied by two photographer's parlors, a telegraph station, clock, fabrics, fashion, and haberdashery stores, a bakery and confectionary, as well as two wine stores. By the late 19th century, though, the street stopped being a central one, and all the large stores moved to other places. This area turned into a residential district. The street was cobbled up to the crossroads with Telegrafnaya Street only. The remaining part was not cobbled until 1917, and the cobbling finished somewhere near the Savior's Church.
The only thing which reminded that this street used to be a central one was the horse riding (beautifully described by painter Mikhail Nesterov) during the Maslenitsa and Christmas holidays. One more thing, which resembled those times was the second parish school. Its story began in 1860 when merchant Nikita Kuznetsov donated a one-storey stone house with five rooms and a land plot, which all together cost 6,850 rubles, to the school. He also paid 300 rubles annually for maintenance. Kuznetsov owned an adjacent estate. Seventy boys – the children of the nobility and officials, merchants, citizens, and peasants – proceeded with their studies. In February 1861 the school was named after its founder to commemorate his contribution. It is important that from the very start one fifth of the school children stemmed from Muslim families (normally in such school this figure was four times less).
Ufimskiye gubernskiye vedomosti newspaper as of November 1876: "Accidents in October. Suicide. On October 2 in Ufa Yekaterina Kuznesova, wife of the 2nd guild merchant, 29, drowned herself in the well of her house". But Kuznetsov had a large family, and we don't know this woman anyway.
After the decease of Nikita Kuznetsov the land was owned by his brother Grigory. The 1879 census mentions that the land plot on the northern side of Bolshaya Kazanskaya Street near the Kuznetsov Parish School belonged to Kapiton Kuznetsov. His brothers (or sons) Aleksey and Ivan lived up the street. In 1898 the land was still owned by K. Kuznetsov. By that time the owner had started substituting the initial buildings of the large estate with the brick ones featuring brick style. Besides, the unknown architect decorated the major one-storey building with the elements of the Russian style: tent with a "fish scale" roof, kokoshnik, decorative arches, frieze under the cornice etc.
But at the beginning of the 20th century the Kuznetsovs lost all their merchant wealth (their successors lived in Ufa in the Soviet age) including the estate. The latter was purchased by Praskovya Shamova. In 1911 her husband, merchant Ivan Shamov, was mentioned among the members of Trustee Board of the Orphanages. In 1913 Ivan Shamov (49 B. Kazanskaya Str., tel. 331) was a member of the horse breeding encouragement board. Obviously, by that time, Ivan Shamov had retired from business, so the agricultural equipment and ironworks on Sibirskaya (nowadays Mingazheva) Street was owned by his son Feodor. Maybe it was the reason why in June 1915 the estate with all of its houses was sold to Yelena Chufarovskaya, who was investing her husband's money into property. Together with Tolsoi and Dudorov in 1914 Shamov-senior was mentioned among the members of the Office for the insurance of workers. In 1915 reference book he was mentioned as an owner of the sawmill in Nikolsky village over the Belaya River, Shamov was also mentioned in the address calendar of 1917.